Wednesday 9 March 2016

IELTS Academic Writing - Task 2 (Vocabulary)

Presenting an impartial opinion
It is often argued/said that...
It is generally agreed that...
Some/Many people believe/say/think/feel/argue that...

Outlining contrasting views
Despite claims that...
While/Whereas it may be true that...
On the other side of the argument...
However/Nevertheless/Despite

Describing cause and effect
Consequently...
As a result...
This means that...

Providing supporting evidence
From my experience...
A good example of this...
For instance...

Linking arguments/reasons
Furthermore/Moreover/In addition...
For one thing...for another...

Giving a personal opinion
In my opinion...
I agree that...
I think it is reasonable to say that...
I tend to think that...

Concluding
In short/conclusion/summary...
To conclude/summarise/sum up...
Overall, I think the most important thing is...

Taken from IELTS Language Bank p.3

No comments:

Post a Comment