Friday 19 April 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

You won’t be able to hand your assignment in on time. Write to your lecturer asking for an extension. In the letter

  • describe the situation
  • explain why your assignment will be late
  • say when you will be able to hand in your assignment
Dear Professor Adams,

As you are aware, the hand-in date for our Human Geography assignment is on Friday. I am writing to inform you that I will be unable to keep to this deadline so I would like to ask for an extension if possible.

Unfortunately I had to return briefly to Portugal to attend my grandfather's funeral. Although I had begun the assignment well in advance this unforeseen circumstance put me behind schedule. I remained in Portugal for a week and when I came back to London I still felt too upset to work on the assignment.

As I mentioned previously, the assignment has been partially completed. The conclusion remains and I predict that I will be able to have this done by Wednesday next week the latest. When it has been completed, I will deliver the assignment to your secretary.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Jubaer Jibon

Question taken from Focusing on IELTS Reading and writing skills p.136

No comments:

Post a Comment