Thursday 18 April 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

You have seen an advertisement for a job as a part-time sales assistant at a bookshop. Write a reply to the advertisement. In the letter
  • describe your work/study experience
  • give the hours you are available for work
  • say why you are suitable for the job
Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to your advertisement in the Guardian for the post of a part-time sales assistant at Bookworm bookshop, I would like to apply for this position. I am currently a university student studying to be a librarian. In the past, I worked as an assistant at the university library. I was responsible for cataloging books, assisting students with any queries they had and organizing inter-library loans.

I am available for work throughout the week except for Tuesdays and Thursdays as I have lectures on these two days. I do not have much studying to do this semester so I will be able to work eight hours a day.

I believe I am suitable for this job as I have vast knowledge about books due to my studies and relevant work experience. I am friendly, sociable and have good communication skills.

I enclose a copy of my C.V. and two recommendation letters from my previous employer.

Yours faithfully,

Janet Jackson

Question taken from Focusing on IELTS Reading and writing skills p.128

No comments:

Post a Comment