Friday 19 April 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

You are going on holiday. Write a letter to a friend asking him or her to look after your house. In your letter
  • explain the situation
  • tell your friend what needs to be done while you are away
  • arrange to meet your friend before you go
Dear Marina,

Remember how I’ve always told you I’ve wanted to travel to New Zealand? Well, guess what? I’ve booked a three week holiday and I’m leaving on the 1st of May. I need to ask you a huge favor as you live in my area. Could you please take care of my house?

There isn’t very much you need to do. The mail should be collected from the post box and put inside the house. I don’t want to attract burglars who will know nobody is at home! I have a couple of plants inside the house that will need watering as well as my small back garden. My regular cleaner will come once to do some dusting but that has been taken care of.

I hope you are free to meet up this Saturday at our usual spot for some coffee. I want to tell you all about my holiday plans and of course I want to give you a set of keys to my house!

See you soon,

Tracy

Question taken from Focusing on IELTS Reading and writing skills p.131

No comments:

Post a Comment