Monday 22 April 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

The local government is planning to change the bus timetable. You are not happy about the proposed changes. Write a letter to the newspaper. In the letter

  • describe the changes
  • explain how they will affect you
  • say how you would improve the service
Dear Sir/Madam,

I reside in your council and commute by bus on a daily basis. To be more specific, I use bus number 52 that runs from Palace Road to Kennedy Avenue as I work at Selous Plaza. With the current timetable I am able to catch the 7:15am bus and be at work by 7:35. I saw a notice at the bus stop informing passengers of a change to this schedule. The earliest bus will now be arriving half an hour later.

This proposed change is likely to affect many passengers travelling to work daily. We will be unable to arrive at work on time. Unfortunately, I have no other means of transport and my employer will not be satisfied if I arrive at work later than other staff members.

As I am unaware of the reasons behind changing the current timetable which has been the same for the last fifteen years, I would like to propose an alternative solution. If possible, a bus could be arranged for 7:00am. In this way, residents will not be late for work.

I hope you take the above into consideration prior to finalizing the bus schedule.

Yours faithfully,

Gina Dewoskin

Question taken from Focusing on IELTS Reading and Writing skills p.139

No comments:

Post a Comment