Friday 19 April 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

You think you left your briefcase on the train yesterday morning. Write a letter to the lost property office. In the letter

  • describe what the briefcase looks like and what was in it
  • explain where exactly you think you left the briefcase
  • say what you want the lost property office to do
Dear Sir/Madam,

While commuting to work yesterday morning by train I accidentally left my briefcase behind. I take the route from Expo Station to Clove Station on a daily basis and this is the first time I have left my possessions behind. I always place my briefcase under the seat so I do not disturb other passengers. In all likelihood it will be found there.

Unfortunately, my briefcase is the standard type. It is black with gold colored lock combination numbers. The only distinguishing feature is a small silver star sticker that my daughter put next to the handle. Although the briefcase does not have anything valuable in it, I keep my diary there, documents that I need to review at home and a sandwich.

I would like you to notify me by phone when my briefcase is found. I will come past your office with my identification to claim it.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Yours faithfully,

Ben Clinton

Question taken from Focusing on IELTS Reading and writing skills p.130

1 comment:

  1. According to information provided by the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA), one out of eight people in the U.S. are eligible to collect unclaimed money... With average claims of over $1,000!

    Find Federal & State Claimable Funds!

    ReplyDelete