Wednesday 26 June 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

On a recent holiday you lost a valuable item. Fortunately you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost. Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letter.
  • Describe the item you lost.
  • Explain how you lost it.
  • Tell the insurance company what you would like to do.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have an insurance policy with your company (policy number HUG22) and I would like to submit a claim for a diamond ring that I recently lost.

The diamond is set on a silver band. The date of my wedding is inscribed inside, that is, 19th June 2000. The single diamond, originating from South Africa is worth €5000. I have a photograph of the actual ring and I am enclosing a copy for your reference.

When I was in my hotel room in Hanoi I removed my ring so that I could wash my hands. Unfortunately it fell down the drain and the hotel staff were unable to retrieve it.

I understand that my policy covers the cost of my ring, and although the sentimental value cannot be regained, I would appreciate it if you could examine my case and let me know the amount that will be covered by your company.

Thanking you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Virginia Mathews

Question taken from Cambridge Practice Tests, IELTS 9, p.130

No comments:

Post a Comment