Wednesday, 26 June 2013

General Training Writing – Model Answer (Task 1)

You are working for a company. You need to take time off work and want to ask your manager about this. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter
  • Explain why you want to take time off work.
  • Give details of the amount of time you need.
  • Suggest how your work could be covered while you are away. 
Dear Mrs. Cowell,

As you are aware I am registered on a Charted Accounting course while at the same time I am working for your company to gain experience. I would like to request some time off work in order to study for the demanding ACCA exams.

I will be taking two exams, one on Monday the 17th of June and the other on Wednesday the 19th of June. I will require a week before the exam to prepare and I will return back to work on Thursday morning after my final exam.

Currently I have five pending company accounts to work on. My colleague Fiona Thomson is working with me on these accounts and she is aware of all issues relating to these clients. I would like to re-assure you that Fiona is capable of covering for me while I am absent.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration during this difficult exam period.

Yours faithfully,
Jo Sharp

Question taken from Cambridge Practice Tests, IELTS 9, P.117

2 comments:

  1. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete