Monday 28 May 2012

General Training - Model Answer (Task 1)

You are looking for a part-time job. Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letter: 
  • introduce yourself
  • explain what sort of job you would like
  • say what experience and skills you have
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am from Zimbabwe and currently studying for a Bachelor degree in Marketing in London. I have been here for six months now and I am looking for a part-time job to gain some additional practical experience.

As I live and study in south London I would prefer a job in a small marketing company in this area. I would be interested in a company that engages in any type of promotional activities such as organising events and public relations. Twenty hours a week is what I am legally allowed to work and my mornings are free as all my lectures are in the afternoons.

As my CV points out, I have been employed in my family-run public relations company in Harare as an event’s organiser. I have good organisational, time-management and communication skills due to this experience. I am also able to respond to unforeseen circumstances efficiently. With respect to languages, I am fluent in Shona, English and German. In addition, I am computer literate.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Yours faithfully,

Vimbayi Ruhanya
Question taken from Cambridge Instant IELTS p.100

1 comment: