Saturday 27 August 2011

General Training Model Answer – IELTS (Task 1)

You want to sell some of your furniture. You think a friend of yours might like to buy it from you.

Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
Explain why you are selling
Describe the furniture
Suggest a date when your friend can come and see the furniture

Dear Max,

I finally decided to study architecture in Rome and I’m leaving at the end of this month. As I’ll be in Italy for four years it is pointless for me to keep renting my apartment in London. All the furniture belongs to me so I need to sell it before I depart. To be honest, I could do with some extra money to pay for my expenses as well.

We have similar taste in designer furniture so I thought you might have the first choice in selecting some items to purchase. In particular, I think you would appreciate the black leather sofa in my living room. It was designed and handmade in the 1950s so it really is priceless. Another piece I believe you will want to add to your collection is my grandmother’s 1930s wooden rocking chair with a comfortable red velvet cushion to go with it.

You are welcome to come by this Saturday when you are not working to view this furniture. Naturally I will give you the best offer I can.

Take care,

Karen
Question taken from IELTS 4 Past Papers p. 129

No comments:

Post a Comment