Saturday 27 August 2011

General Training Model Answer – IELTS (Task 1)

You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.

Write a letter to your new employer. In your letter
Explain your situation
Describe your problem
Tell him/her when you think you can start

Dear Mrs. Parker,

As per our contract, I am due to begin working at your company on the 2nd of March. I regret to inform you that I will be unable to keep to this agreed date due to some unexpected personal issues.

My sister living in Vancouver is undergoing emergency surgery and as she is a single parent, I have been called over to tend to her four young children for the duration of her stay in hospital. The doctors have informed me, if all goes well she should be fully recovered in 2 weeks time.

Therefore, I would like to request an alteration of my starting date. I believe the 2nd of April is a realistic date to set if we take into account the travel and recovery time.

I do apologise for this unforeseen inconvenience and I hope we can agree to some sort of arrangement.

Yours sincerely,

Angelina Ford

Question taken from IELTS 3 Past Papers p.112

No comments:

Post a Comment