Saturday 26 January 2013

General Training Writing - Model Answer (Task 1)

You recently took a part-time job working for a local company. After a few weeks, you realised there were some problems with the job. Write a letter to the manager of the company. In your letter
  • explain why you took the job
  • describe the problems that you experienced
  • suggest what could be done about them
 Dear Mrs Jackson,

Last month I was given a part-time job in your company as a filing clerk. As I am a full-time university student, working on Tuesdays and Thursdays was an ideal way for me to cover some of my expenses and learn about the world of work.
As I did not receive any formal training when I was employed I have experienced some difficulties with the complex filing system that your company operates. I cannot always locate the correct file and I am not always sure where I should place the documents that are put in the filing tray.
Due to the fact that much of the information is confidential, it is important that is gets filed in the correct way. I would like to ask if it is possible for you to arrange a short training course for me. I still have many documents that need to be filed appropriately and this would help me greatly.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Lindsay Cohen

Question taken from Insight Into IELTS Extra p.86

1 comment: