Wednesday 23 January 2013

General Training Writing - Model Answer (Task 1)

You recently bought a computer from a reputable computer store. The store agreed to deliver the computer and set it up for you in your home but when it was delivered the delivery man claimed that this was not part of his job.

Write a letter to the manager of the store. In your letter
  • Say when you bought the computer and what the price included.
  • Express dissatisfaction about what occurred.
  • Find out what they intend to do about it.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Last Monday I purchased a desktop computer from your store. I was informed by the sales assistant that the price of the computer, €600, included delivery and set up fees. I agreed to buy the computer under these conditions.
Unfortunately, when the computer was delivered on Wednesday, the delivery man informed me that it was not his duty to set it up. As I do not have the technical skills to do this on my own, I kept the computer and all the accessories in the box. I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of communication between your shop and delivery staff which has kept me behind on my work schedule.
I would appreciate it if you could inform me about the course of action that you propose to take and how you expect to keep to the agreement that was made on your premises regarding the set up of the computer.

Yours faithfully,
Taylor Swift

Question taken from Insights into IELTS Extra p.91

No comments:

Post a Comment