Thursday 24 January 2013

General Training Writing - Model Answer (Task 1)

For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to discontinue your membership. Write a letter to the club secretary. In your letter
  • State what type of membership you have and how you have paid for this
  • Give details of how you have benefited from the club
  • Explain why you want to leave
Dear Mrs Bishop,

I am a member of the Aqua Aerobics Club which meets on Mondays and Thursdays at the local council swimming pool. I have an annual membership which I paid for using my credit card.
I have enjoyed my time at the club immensely over the past year. My health has improved and my doctor has informed me that my back problems have been reduced. I have also made some wonderful and supportive friends at the club and it has given me a chance to improve my self-image.
Unfortunately I will have to cancel my membership due to personal reasons. My daughter has just given birth and I will be moving to Spain to look after her child. I will be sad to leave the club behind and the friends I have made there but hopefully I will be able to continue taking part in aqua aerobics lessons when I am in Barcelona.

Regards,
Eva Green

Question taken from Insights into IELTS Extra p.91

No comments:

Post a Comment