Tuesday, 28 August 2012

General Training - Model Answer (Task 1)

Write a letter to a friend about a museum that you have visited. You should say: 
  • where you went
  • what you saw there
  • how you felt about it
 Dear Parveen,
I hope all is well with you and your family. I’m still on holiday in China and I wanted to tell you about the wonderful museum I visited yesterday in Shanghai.
The Shanghai Museum is in the city centre and the building looks like a cooking pot. It has four floors and each one has a different exhibition. Even though it was so crowded I still managed to see all the exhibits using an English audio guide. The collection included bronze sculptures, ceramics, calligraphy, seals, coins and artefacts of ethnic Chinese minorities.
I found the museum extremely interesting especially the display on ceramics and how they were made and the clothes worn by the minorities which were shown on the fourth floor. I even bought a book for you at the souvenir shop on Chinese art and culture which I will give you when we meet.
See you soon.
Regards,
Anumita
Question taken from Step Up to IELTS p.47

1 comment:

  1. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Why your ex will NEVER get back...

    ReplyDelete