Describe a film, theatre or TV performer you admire. You should say:
· What they do (act in plays, movies, TV shows etc.)
· Where and when you saw them (place and time)
And explain why you admire this person (talented, convincing in getting the message across, hard-working, makes good choices regarding the roles they perform etc.)
· Do you think that acting is a good profession for young people to enter? (If they are talented, passionate about what they do and hard-working they will succeed.)
· What would be the advantages and disadvantages of being a famous actor or actress?
Advantages: money, fame, glory, recognition, authority, influence, attention.
Disadvantages: rumours, bad publicity, no private life, pressure, addictions and psychological problems.
· Do you think there is too much interest in the private lives of famous people? (People believe the lives of famous people are more interesting than theirs, are interested in every aspect of their lives so the media meets their demands.)
· What do you think about well-known TV and movie stars appearing in advertisements? (They increase the sale of products as viewers rush out to buy products they believe are consumed by celebrities.)
· Are there any ways they could use their fame to do good in the world? (Positive role models for young people, raise funds and awareness using their fame and fortune, are on influential committees.)
Question taken from Cambridge IELTS 9, p.158