West Park Secondary School built to the south of the main road has undergone some changes since it was constructed in 1950.
The school was initially built near some houses, playground and farmland. The houses were to the left of the school. The farmland was behind the houses while the playground was attached to the school. Thirty years later, a science block was built and added to the main school building. The houses were replaced by a car park. While the playground remained the same the farmland was turned into a sports field.
In 2010, the car park became considerably larger while the sports field was halved and the playground was reduced slightly. The school buildings did not change.
To conclude, over a thirty year period the whole area south of the main road was dedicated to the school. The houses and farmland made way for a large car park and a small sports field. The school buildings also expanded.
Question taken from The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS for Academic & General Training p.205