Sunday, 2 February 2014

Academic Writing - Model Answer (Task 1)

The pie charts show five waste disposal methods used for dangerous products in three countries.

To begin with, Korea employs three methods. Most dangerous waste material is re-cycled (69%). The remaining 31% is either buried or burnt. In Sweden, burial is the favored way of dangerous waste material disposal with more than half the waste being disposed in this way. A quarter is recycled and 20% ends up incinerated. Finally, like Sweden, the United Kingdom chooses to place dangerous waste underground (82%). Equal proportions are dumped at sea or chemically treated. Only 2% is burnt.

Korea is the only country that disposes of dangerous matter responsibly by recycling it. The United Kingdom does not use this method at all and is the only country that dumps waste in the sea and uses chemical treatment. Lastly Sweden and the UK predominantly prefer to get rid of hazardous material by burying waste underground.

Question taken from Official IELTS Practice Materials 2

No comments:

Post a Comment