Thursday 26 July 2012

General Training - Model Answer (Task 1)

You have recently stayed in a hotel in a large city. The weather was very unusual for the time of year and the heating/cooling system in the hotel was quite inadequate. Write a letter to the manager of the hotel. In your letter:

  • give details of what was wrong
  • explain what you had to do to overcome the problem at the time
  • say what action you would like the manager to take
Dear Sir /Madam,

I recently stayed at your hotel (27th December until 4th January) in Moscow and I am writing to inform you that the heating facilities provided in room 202 were insufficient. As you may recall outside temperatures were below zero and is such extreme weather, heating is compulsory particularly in a well-known hotel famed for its service.

I noticed that the central heating unit was faulty as the room temperature seemed to be the same as the temperature I had experienced outside despite the fact that the unit was switched on. As all the rooms were fully booked I could not be moved to a new one so I asked housekeeping to bring me extra quilts. As you can imagine I could still feel the cold and I barely slept for the duration of my stay.

Repairing the unit in this room should be your priority so as to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced. I would also like to request a complimentary stay at your branch in Indonesia for the duration of a week.

I look forward to receiving your coupons.

Regards,

Fernando Del Bosque
Question taken from Step Up to IELTS Self-Study Student’s Book p.39

1 comment:

  1. The entry room can also be where you dump coats, hats, boots, shoes, etc. (Ok, maybe not dump...it can all have a nice neat place to get put, but you get the idea...) heating service and repair

    ReplyDelete