Wednesday 4 April 2012

General Training Model Answer IELTS (Task 1)

You have decided to leave your current job and look for a new one. Write a letter to a friend. In your letter


explain why you want to leave your current job
what kind of job you are looking for
ask for some help or advice.

Dear Scarlet,

I hope you have been keeping well. It’s been a while since we last met. You might recall me complaining about my job when we went out for dinner about two months ago. Well, the situation has become worse and I’m thinking of handing in my resignation.

I currently work twelve hours a day which is exhausting and the company has not been paying me overtime for the extra effort I put in. As well as the pressure I’m under, there is no sign of appreciation for all the hard work I do.

I wish to continue in my line of work but I’m looking for better working conditions. Although I’m satisfied being a secretary it would be nice to work for a small organization where I can leave on time and be respected by my employers.
As you are well-connected in the business sector and have friends in high places I was wondering whether you could put in a good word for me. I would also appreciate it if you could help me update my CV to make it more attractive as well as provide me with some interview tips.

Regards,
Sharon
Question taken from Barron’s IELTS Practice Exams p.360

No comments:

Post a Comment