Thursday 27 October 2011

General Training Model Answer (Task 1)

You recently bought a piece of equipment for your kitchen but it did not work. You phoned the shop but no action was taken.

Write a letter to the shop manager. In your letter
describe the problem with the equipment
explain what happened when you phoned the shop
say what you would like the manager to do


Dear Sir or Madam,

Last week I purchased a microwave oven from your shop. When I arrived home and tried to heat some food, I discovered that the door could not be opened. I attempted pressing the button several times once I had turned the appliance on but this action was unsuccessful.

As a result, I rang your Customer Service hotline to inform them of this defect. Even though your employee Stavros Mela assured me that a technician would come past and rectify the problem as he regarded it as being minor, nobody from your technical team arrived. I followed up on the initial phone call several times but no action was taken despite the promises made.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this with your Customer Service Department and adhere to your refund policy regarding faulty electrical items by sending me a cheque for the amount of the microwave oven.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs. Jamie Walsh


Question taken from IELTS 8 Past Papers p.129

No comments:

Post a Comment